Friday, March 14, 2008
Monday
My mug really shouldn't be in front of a camera. So why is it I'm going for a second round interview for 'No Experience require - Transition year'? I know I really want to do journalism, but did I really think I would get so far? Well, I didn’t really think about it. You don't get upset about not getting something, when you don't think much about it. The producers said that there was huge competition, so I was delighted to make it to the final five. When I arrived at the 'Sunday Tribune' offices at 15 Lower Baggot Street, nerves started to kick in. My sister and I waited in the reception area; until co-producer Hannah came down to get me ready. I was brought into a small room with a table and chairs and a number of nibbles that I couldn't even look at. If I took so much as a bit, I'd probably have upchucked right in front of the cameras. Also in the room was Julie from Clare, whose interview was in a matter of minutes. Jamie, and sound assistant with Liberty Films made us all feel nice and calm. 'The fist lad to come in and do his interview was fantastic. The bosses absolutely loved him. I'd feel sorry for the last two to go in!' That would be us. It didn't seem to long until before Catherine the director, come in to talk to me about the interview. She told me to relax, that the panel were lovely and that I would do fine. The interview now just seems like a blur. I remember some questions and some answers. I was asked would I go to the family of a person that died, and try and get a few quotes. I said that it was a hard question to answer at this point in time, but if I chose a career in journalism, I would have to undertake a number of responsibilities and that that would be on of them. In general I felt that the interview went well, but then again, I had a free hour to obsess over it. And obsess I did. When I returned, I met the three other contestants, John, Eden and Aisling. After a few minutes of getting to know each other, we were brought to a kitchen area, while the bosses were deciding who goes through and who gets the chop. Eden was first to get called in, then Julie, and then it was my turn. I walked into the interview room nervous, but smiling. They said that it was obvious that I had research dine, but were doubtful if I had the 'killer instinct' that's necessary for a career in journalism. They said I had some negatives, but more positives and that I was through to the next round. I thanked the judges and went out to give my post result interview. I said I was eager to correct the negatives that Richard said I had. I walked down to the reception area where I met Eden and Julia, both of whom also were put through. We said our goodbyes to John and Aisling, which was followed by a few minutes of filming. Day one was done, but tomorrow's when the real work begins.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment